Nobody else puts this tuning power in your hands.
Every mass-manufactured fork damper out there compromises on performance. Not because the engineers building them are incompetent (they aren't), but because they don't know you - the rider - and what your personal requirements are, so the fork has to cater to everybody.
With our exclusive Fractive Tuning Systems, you can send your Fox fork to any of our tuning partners (see International Partners) and have them valve your Fit4 damper for exactly what you need. Or, you can access our expertise to allow you to install and tune our Fractive Fork Tuning Systems yourself.
32 Factory Series Fit4 forks, from 2016-19
34 Factory Series Fit4 forks, from 2016-19
36 Factory Series & Performance Elite Fit4 forks, from 2016-19
40 Performance Series Elite Fit4 forks, from 2016-18
Any spring system in any of the above forks (Talas, Float or the 40 VAN) works fine as the spring system is in the left leg, this part is going in the right leg.
Any remote-lockout or remote-adjust forks. These are not compatible. However, conversion back to a conventional crown adjust system is possible in some cases.
Any StepCast forks (32 or 34)
32, 34 or 36 Performance Series (P-S) forks with only the 3-position adjuster (no black low speed compression dial).
Any Fit Grip or Grip2 forks
Any RC2-damped forks (36 or 40) with high and low speed compression dials
Any Rhythm forks
Any 2020+ Fit4 forks - these use a smaller damper shaft & a different compression piston
Who it is for?
Riders who want improved support, compliance, grip and control from their Fit4-damped fork, without harshness or the blowing-through feel
Riders who prioritise HSC adjustment and usable compression damping over lockouts and platform systems
Riders serious about performance
Who is it not for?
If you want a lockout or a "pedal mode", this is not for you. The mode selector now becomes a high speed compression (HSC) adjuster and does NOT make a perceptible difference at low speed (ie bouncing on the fork) as its effect is very much separated from the LSC adjuster. It does however make a substantial difference at high speeds. If that would bother you, keep your stock damper.
This will not turn your 100mm travel XC race bike into a 200mm DH bike. Sorry.
WARNING: VORSPRUNG products should be installed and serviced by a trained bicycle service technician, in accordance with both VORSPRUNG and original manufacturers' specifications. If you have any doubt whether or not you can properly service your suspension product, or you have not performed this kind of work before, then please DO NOT attempt it. Improperly serviced products can fail, causing the rider to lose control resulting in SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. That's not a joke. Don't mess around with it if you don't know what you're doing, because the best case scenario is usually that you damage something in the process. Do not perform any kind of service on your suspension whilst drunk, high or stupid. We accept no responsibility nor liability for component damage or failure of any description in the case of self-installed units.
Self-install on these is not simple. Please read the installation manual before ordering a kit for self-install and ensure you are capable and comfortable carrying this out. We do not sell tools for self-install of these parts at this time - Fox does however.
• High performance compression piston for Fit4 dampers
• Vorsprung-exclusive Online Tune Calculator (below) to determine custom compression valving tailored to your preferences & requirements
• 3 position switch becomes true high speed compression (HSC) adjuster with little low-speed impact
• Low speed compression adjuster more usable than before - works in all HSC modes
• Support where you need it, compliance where you don't
• Allows for linear valving to improve support and adjustability without harshness
• Available for user-install
• Compatible with our Luftkappe air spring upgrade kits
The calculator is for our Fractive kit for Fit4 dampers, with the 3 position mode selector and LSC adjuster as shown above. It will help you select from one of five compression damping tunes based on your requirements, and help you to truly understand exactly what the different valving configurations do to the fork.
1. Input your weight, ability level, and compliance preference.
2. The blue line will show you the recommended median setting for your fork.
3. By selecting the valving that most closely matches the red line with the blue line, you can be sure that you're maximising the useful adjustment range for yourself, and not having to run far too much or far too little low-speed bleed, that results in a dive-prone or overly harsh/dead feeling fork in order to get the level of support and compliance that you need.