Vorsprung Luftkappe - Upgrade Solo Air Piston Kit for Rockshox Pike, Yari & Lyrik
Update July 12th: Currently out of stock (again - sorry!). Pre-orders are now being taken for shipments from the next batch, due back in stock July 25th.
Make a good fork a great fork.
Introducing the Luftkappe air piston kit for Rockshox Pike, Yari and Lyrik Solo Air forks.
Taking everything we learned with the Corset air sleeves, the Luftkappe is a new air piston assembly for Rockshox's current generation Solo Air Pike, Yari and Lyrik forks. User installable and simple to set up, the Luftkappe transforms a good fork into a great fork.
- Coil-like feel
- Larger negative air chamber
- Lower initial spring rate
- Increased sensitivity
- Improved mid stroke support & control
- Superior bump compliance and traction
- Reduced hand fatigue
- Reduces required compression damping
- Retains Bottomless Token compatibility
- Optional 10mm shaft clamps available for self-install
Prefer us to install it? We have options for you.
V-Spec Tune:Comprehensive tuning & servicing for your Pike or Lyrik.
- Factory service of your Pike or Lyrik fork (current generation - black stanchions)
- Component cleaned in Bio-circle
- Luftkappe upgrade piston installation
- SKF low-friction wiper seals
- V-spec personalised compression revalve
- V-spec personalised rebound revalve
- Damper bleed with WPL ShockBoost bio-oil
V-Spec Tune: $285 CAD ($210 USD approx)
Factory service & Luftkappe only: $235 CAD ($175 USD approx)
Luftkappe kit only: $85 CAD ($64USD approx)
10mm shaft clamps: add $28 CAD ($21USD approx)
Canada: $15 CAD
USA: $17.30 CAD
Elsewhere in the world: $12 untracked, or $30 tracked.
**Note that tracked shipping is not available to all countries at that price. Some of these include Chile, Norway, Singapore, South Africa, Israel and Hong Kong. Please email us if you'd like a quote on tracked shipping to these countries.
**Note also that untracked shipping can be very slow and can take as long as 6-8 weeks.
Kit includes air piston & relevant seals, plus replacement dynamic seal for the air spring seal head so you can service that at the same time. Only compatible with Solo Air forks.
1. Can I install it myself?
Yes, provided you have access to the supplies and tools listed in the installation instructions above.
2. Does it work with DPA forks?
3. Does it work with the Boxxer?
4. Does it work with older Lyriks (Mission Control/Motion Control)?
5. How does it actually work?
It enlarges the negative air chamber to reduce the initial spring rate. This lets you run higher air pressure for more support in the middle and end of the stroke with improved sensitivity in the start of the stroke.
6. Does it work with MRP's Ramp Control cartridge?
Compatible configurations: Pike up to 140mm, Lyrik up to 160mm
Incompatible configurations: Pike at 150mm or more, Lyrik at 170mm or more. These configurations cause interference between the Luftkappe and the Ramp Control cartridge.
7. Shouldn't I just buy a new fork instead?
Sure, they're about the same price as the Luftkappe.
8. What parts does it actually replace in the air spring?
It replaces only the plastic piston itself, and the foam topout bumper is removed but not replaced. You reuse your air shaft and seal head, as well as the piston bolt. The kit includes new seals for everything you may want to replace on that assembly (piston dynamic seals, piston bolt o-ring, dynamic shaft o-ring, seal head outer o-ring).